We're looking for a Head of WGSN Consumer Insight to lead our consumer led content. Based in our London office, the candidate will have a proven track record in consumer trend forecasting. They will have a passion for articulating how society, technology and culture will impact the lifestyle industries and how brands can act to make the most of that change.
Working with a commissioning editor and a team of global experts, they will be responsible for creating WGSN’s consumer forecasts in written and video format. In addition, they will be overseeing the creation of world class presentations and managing the team that deliver them to clients. An ability to develop clear report hierarchies and frameworks and to employ and articulate WGSN’s methodology is key in this role, as is a successful track record of working with data to illuminate and map trends.
- Lead and create the forecasts for WGSN Insight
- Generate the content ideas on the consumer insight area of the platform and further develop the content offering by devising a clear hierarchy for reports and the methodologies for trend tracking
- Line manage and mentor a global team of consumer trend writers
- Collaborate with the wider WGSN Insight team to ensure that consumer trends can be seamlessly communicated across the retail and marketing sections of the platform.
- Work with WGSN’s consultancy business Mindset, when required, to deliver bespoke consumer insight to clients.
- Act as an ambassador for WGSN by speaking at global conferences and seminars
- Work with WGSN commercial teams to support client relationships by sharing and presenting our thinking.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills -the ability to deliver ideas in simple, concise language that business leaders can understand
- Lateral thinking – the capacity to look at behaviours and innovation across multiple sectors and identify how they will impact more widely and could be applied in different sectors
- Strong presenting skills
- Comfortable working with data sources and hungry to work with relevant data partners
- Demonstrated experience in a trend forecasting business, a brand insight department or ad agency planning department working at a senior level.
WGSN is the world’s leading trend authority for creative thinkers in over 94 countries. Our services cover consumer insights, fashion and lifestyle forecasting, data analytics, crowd-sourced design validation, and expert advisory services. We help drive our customers to greater success. Together, we Create Tomorrow.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?